Friday, April 22, 2016

Caffeine-fueled iPhone Case Background

Now that we've moved on from Easter and the weather has taken a turn towards Summer heat, my phone was in need of a new custom case. This new case design was inspired by the awesome example from Nichol on the Lawn Fawn blog.

I first die-cut the letters from quinn's ABCs, and then stamped them (as suggested from Nichol's video!), which helped with positioning the stamps correctly. For the Love You a Latte stamps, I stamped first and then die-cut. Once I had all of the elements stamped and die-cut, I arranged them on the pre-cut phone background insert to determine placement, so I determine which colors I wanted to use on each element. I opted for a rainbow effect, using watercolor pencils to color each item in and then using a waterbrush for the watercoloring.

The watercolored letters and mugs were attached to the background insert with a tape runner to minimize the dimension since it has to fit between the case and the phone. I also added two of the stamped steam elements above the two open mugs. The background insert was cut from a 6x6 paper pad I'd purchased long ago. I chose the paper specifically for the ombre coffee color.

Here's the final product! I'm definitely going to keep this insert for awhile! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment