Friday, April 22, 2016

Happy (b)Earth Day!

My friend Chris was born on Earth Day - the perfect excuse for using Lawn Fawn's Wish You Were Here set!

I started by stamping and die-cutting the globe, heart, and letters from Owen's ABCs. Once dry, I colored in the globe with watercolor pencils and used a waterbrush to watercolor the image. I wanted the end result to look like the speech bubble was coming out of the globe, so I used the die-cut globe to determine my placement for the speech bubble before die-cutting.

The Paper Source Superfine White folded card's top fold was cut with the speech bubble border, and a corresponding Paper Source Lake blue coverweight notecard was cut with the same border, and the negative space was mounted on the inside of the card. The negative space shows when the card is shut, too, as the speech bubble is now the only part of the card that opens (a technique I borrowed from the amazing Jennifer McGuire!)!

The sentiment was created first by stamping earth using quinn's ABCs with versamark ink and heat-embossing it with orange powder from Paper Source. I then added the other words from Let's Bokeh and the arrow from Wish You Were Here with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on the outside and inside of the card, and drew in the parenthesis on the inside.

After adhering the blue negative space to the inside fold of the card and laying out my pieces where they would go, I felt like it needed something more, so I stamped with the Argyle Backdrops image in Versamark Ink. I then finished the card by adding all of my die-cut elements with foam squares.

Happy Earth Day, y'all (and Happy Birthday, Chris!)!

PS- Lawn Fawn is also celebrating Earth Day today with a 15% off sale on some Earth-themed items.

No comments:

Post a Comment