Friday, April 8, 2016

Buffalo Check Birthday!

One of my best friends turned 30 recently, and is obsessed with buffalo check, so of course, I had to make her a card with the pattern!

I taped off the rectangle on the card with blue painter's tape before using a wide paintbrush with red and black watercolors to create the background. I wanted to ensure the background would pop so I went with a black-and-white skunk from Stinkin' Cute instead of a more colorful creature, and decided to use glitter paper to die-cut the heart it was holding, since my friend loves a little bling! I added a black-and-white party hat from Hats Off to You, sticking with the simple B&W theme from my skunk. The sentiment is from Avery Elle's Party Animal.






My friend is also a big fan of social media and hashtags, so I made sure to incorporate this with the #awesome images inside the card, die-cut and popped up with foam squares, placed around the curvy sentiment from Pizza My Heart. I also kept up the hashtag fun with the envelope liner, using a # stamp from Paper Source. This stamp is my newest obsession for making backgrounds for cards and signs, envelope liners, and I'm sure some wrapping paper soon! The card and liner are from superfine white text-weight Paper Source paper, and the envelope is Paper Source persimmon.

If/when I make another card with the buffalo check background, I'll probably either make a larger card and/or make the checks a little smaller, so there's more of the pattern to see. (I'll also work on my taping and tape-removal, as you can see that the ink bled slightly and the paper ripped a little...)

No comments:

Post a Comment