Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Floral wreath card

The current Lawnscaping challenge asks that we use floral stamps. Lawn Fawn has some fantastic and beautiful floral sets, and the few flower stamps I have are small flower embellishments that came in other Lawn Fawn sets, making for a fun challenge! I opted to make a floral wreath, using the small leaf stamp from Sweater Weather for the leaves stamped directly on the Paper Source Paper Bag coverstock panel, and the flowers from Sweater Weather and Stuck On You, stamped and die cut. I began the card by tracing a circle with light pencil where I wanted my wreath. The leaves were stamped with first and second generation stamping to give more depth without changing colors. I opted to heat emboss the Stuck On You flower to add more depth, as I felt like using foam squares would add too much depth.

I stamped the Thanks sentiment from Thank You Tags in the wreath's center with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and rounded the two opening corners of the card base and panel before adhering the panel.

I finished the card off with a superfine white satin ribbon, adhered with a glue dot (zot).

This card is being entered in to the current Lawnscaping Challenge #127: Beautiful Florals.

No comments:

Post a Comment