Friday, March 25, 2016

Interchangeable Phone Case - Carrots and Spring!

For the past few years, I've used a clear phone case for my iPhone, and cut paper backgrounds to cover the back, which has allowed me to change up my iPhone case regularly, and is much cheaper than buying a new case every time. I just switched mine up for Spring, and thought I'd share the fun result.


I recently bought the Lawn Fawn Rooting for You stamp set and coordinating dies, and have been having a lot of fun playing with the set. It comes with multiple stamps to use in layers to make each of the root vegetables, and I really enjoyed stamping out a ton of these veggies and experimenting with color combos. I now have a whole garden full of paper vegetables I can use in different projects!




I made these two cards (basically copies of two cards I'd seen from the Lawn Fawn blog!), and am loving the set! I particularly love how you can use the set without the faces (like in this first card below), and it could easily make for a more mature and sleek card, or add the fun faces and cheeks to make something more whimsical.




I also recently bought the Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid 6x6 paper deck that includes a ton of really great plaid Springtime designs, and knew I was going to use one of them for my phone case this season. I also happened to have picked up a pack of the new seasonal Ultra Bright Springtime coverstock paper during my last shift at Paper Source, and was excited to see the fun bright colors coordinate very well with the perfectly plaid pack.

I initially just cut the perfectly plaid paper using the template that came with the phone case, but after using it for a few days, I felt like it was missing something. I sifted through my new Paper Source papers and found the Tulip, Grass, and Mint colors, and then found a sheet of the Poppy from my stash. I die cut the carrots out of the Poppy and Tulip and die cut the leaves out of the Mint and Grass papers.


I played around with the pattern of the carrots over the plaid background, seeing what it looked like with having them diagonal, or having every other carrot facing a different direction, but ended up deciding on three carrots lined up sideways, and made sure I placed them facing down when looking at the phone's camera for a horizontal picture. It gives your subjects something to smile about! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment