Friday, March 11, 2016

Baked With Love jar recipe gift tags & Thank You card

This Christmas, my husband bought me the Tangerine KitchenAid mixer from our wedding registry! (!!!!!!) This, of COURSE, required me to immediately buy the Baked With Love set from Lawn Fawn. :) I immediately went to work baking some delicious treats, and then found reasons to use the stamp set, first for his thank you card, and then translating this same card idea into a gift tag/recipe card for a few jar gifts we gave in January!

For Phillip's Thank You card, I mimicked a card I'd seen through the Lawn Fawn blog, where the creator used the fantastic Gingham Backdrops set to create a tablecloth, and then mounting the die-cut and watercolored (using watercolor pencils) Baked with Love images. The card (along with tablecloth) was first die-cut into a circle shape. I die-cut a second circle and scored it about 3/4 inch down from the top, then adhered the two circles together (just above this fold) to create the folded card.

Phillip and I had made mason jar cookie mixes to take to two friends (one for a birthday, another as a host gift), so I replicated the circle design as a gift tag, writing the recipe on the back. For these tags, I replaced the other Baked With Love images with cookies instead that were made by die-cutting tiny circles with the lawn cuts from Owen's ABCs out of Paper Bag paper that had been pre-dotted with 'sprinkles', and then edging them in espresso pigment ink. I then cut a bite out of one card for each tag, and adhered all the pieces together. I made sure to match the kitchen aid color to the recipients' mixers, of course. :)



SUPER EASY and fun gift idea - and delicious recipe, too! We also kept one mix of the cookie ingredients for ourselves, and thoroughly enjoyed them after delivering the treats to our friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment