Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Let's Toast!

For the current Lawnscaping Challenge (Sweets!), I decided to create a congrats card, and finally try out the Lawn Fawn scripty congrats die. I was wanting to find a use for the Perfectly Plaid and other patterned 6x6 papers, too, as I often create cards without patterned paper and wanted to challenge myself to use them for something other than my iPhone case!

I started this card by creating a card base from Superfine White Paper Source paper, then cutting the blue plaid sheet down to match the size. I found two corresponding green patterned papers to use for the grass, and die cut them with the Speech Bubble Border die to create the hills (one paper was sent to me from Lawn Fawn with an order a while back, and the other from a random assortment of 6x6 patterned paper packs that got jumbled together). I stamped Let's Toast! inside the card with Memento Tuxedo Black ink at this point, too. I then rounded the bottom corners of the card base and the patterned papers, and set them aside.

I stamped the fun images from Love You S'more in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Superfine White Paper Source paper, and colored in most of them with distress ink 'watercoloring' (with the exception of the marshmallows and s'more on the inside of the card, which I'd colored in with watercolor pencils), and stamped the brown sticks/logs stamps with espresso ink before die-cutting all of the images with the corresponding dies. I also used the smaller two flame dies to cut out the flames from Sunshine and Poppy Paper Source papers, as I wanted them to stand out a bit more. Lastly, I die-cut the scripty congrats four times - twice from white cardstock and once each from Clover and Sunshine Paper Source paper. I glued the congrats with the green on the bottom, whites in the middle, and yellow on top to give them dimension.

I then began adding the various elements using a tape runner for most of the elements, and using foam squares to pop up the elements that are raised. The green bird on top of scripty congrats and the S'more inside the card were popped up with 3M tape, as I wanted them to have less elevation than the scene at the bottom of the card.

This card is being entered into the current Lawnscaping Challenge #126: Sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment