Saturday, October 3, 2015

World Cardmaking Day! Watercolor Stationary

Happy World Cardmaking Day, y'all!
My friend will be interviewing for medical school soon, so I decided to make her some custom thank you cards for her birthday! I used superfine white A2 cards from Paper Source, and masked off a rectangle using masking tape. I then used Ranger Distress Inks and water to create my watercolors, and painted them on with a wide paintbrush. I made two of each design above, in part because I'd masked two cards side-by-side so it was easy to duplicate the watercolor patterns. I briefly heatset these, then let them completely dry and watched a movie. :)
Afterward, I heat-embossed the Thank You Scripted image (stamp from Paper Source) with Superfine Detail Gold embossing powder, and the cards were complete! My fiance cut and installed the envelope liners from the Mint Floral wrap by Rifle Paper Company. I created a quick A2 card box (following the directions from a video posted to the Lawn Fawn blog), and we had our completed gift set!
What are you making today?

2 comments:

  1. I am totally loving the watercolor techniques right now. Your stationary set is beautiful. Great to line the envelope! So glad to have found you through SSS World Cardmaking Day link.

    ReplyDelete