One of my favorite techniques-of-the-moment is using distress inks to create a watercolor effect, so the Lawnscaping challenge was a perfect fit! For my first project, I used the Stuck On You set with dies, and used the Tag You're It larger die upside-down to create my window. I partially die-cut the window and the pot to give the effect of a pot sitting on a window ledge, then die-cut the cactus and tiny succulent to place in the pot.
Using three distress ink colors, I made the sky background. I couldn't decide if I wanted the ombre effect with the pink closer to the bottom or the top (my initial plan was pink on bottom, but I decided to flip it at the last minute when adhering the pieces together). I adhered the watercolored paper to a folded notecard (custom-sized and slightly smaller than a traditional 4-bar card) with a taperunner, and then adhered the window and potted plants piece with 3M double-sided mounting tape. I like using this as it's slightly thinner than traditional foam squares, and I can easily tear it into strips of desired length to cover the bulk of the window panel.
On the inside of the card, I stamped three succulents from the Stuck On You set, and opted to exclude a sentiment. I sent the card today as an encouragement card to a friend going through a tough time.
Here's the finished product from the side, so you can see the depth, and the succulents inside. Enjoy! :)
This post is being submitted for Lawnscaping Challenge # 105 - Watercolors.