Monday, April 11, 2016

Paper Lantern Congratulations Card

A good friend recently found out incredible news, and I needed to put together a congrats card for her. I hadn't used the Lawn Fawn retired Lunar Lights set in awhile, and loved how the shine bright sentiment from my recently purchased Let's Bokeh set fit perfectly with this set, so I decided to combine the two.
I'd previously made an in-laid die-cut congrats card for a different friend using mint letters in a white panel, so I was able to use the reverse pieces for this project. The letters were stamped with a light grey ink using Quinn's ABCs, and then die-cut and in-laid into the mint panel. The papers used are Paper Source mint and superfine white.
I stamped the small lamps on their strings with versamark ink to create the background, and heat set in order to get a darker watermark effect.
For the large lamps, I first used watercolor to create the soft colors I wanted, then stamped the lamps on the watercolored papers with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, and fussy cut them out. I stamped the lamps again directly on the mint paper where I wanted to position the lamps, using a masking technique, and adding in the hanging elements from the bottoms of two of the lamps. I then used 3M foam tape to pop up the cut out lamps on the mint panel. I finished the front by coloring in the hanging pieces of the middle lamp with a clear shimmer pen.
For the inside, I used a masking technique to stamp two of the lamps and their hanging elements, and then stamped the shine bright sentiment to finish it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment